Happy July! We hope everybody enjoyed their holiday weekend! Throughout July, we are challenging everyone to reduce their energy use at home. Don't forget you still have a month to take the Reduce Energy Use DC pledge HERE!
The goal of #JulyTakeAction is to help Washington, D.C., residents, and businesses reduce their energy consumption in July. To accomplish this goal, we will be providing helpful information throughout this month on how the average resident or business owner can make small changes to reduce their energy use that will ultimately benefit them and the planet!
Each week we'll focus on a different area where you can save! For today, we challenge you to make an energy-saving plan. There are many ways for you to make an energy-saving plan, especially throughout this extremely hot summer month.
Here are five examples of impactful steps to include in your plan:
1) Adopt the habit of lowering the temperature on your thermostat while away from home.
2) Keep the lights on in the room only when needed and unplug electrical devices when not in use.
3) Try to hang dry your clothes outside instead of using the dryer (or use cold water!)
4) If you or your children are playing outside, make sure to keep the door and windows SHUT.
5) Don't run your appliances unless they are full (dishwasher, washing machine, and dryer).
Through this month, you will hear us use the slogan, "Changing Today For Tomorrow." This highlights the necessity of making changes now to create a positive impact in the future.
Everybody can make changes today to create a better tomorrow. So have a great week, and don't forget to take the Reduce Energy Use DC pledge HERE.